Monday, June 27, 2011

i hate last week, it is dead to me... moving on

Last week pretty much sucked, and even though I do not love Mondays, I love this Monday because I am claiming it in the name of "gotta get betta from here!"
  • The condo did not close last Monday. BOO.
  • We still haven't heard on the buyers' financing. BOO.
  • We discovered that we'd lost the baby. BOO BOO BOO.
  • The doc won't just let me be because of other possible complications. BOO.
  • Telling people who care deeply is more daunting than the miscarriage itself. BOO.
  • Rob's minor surgery site is infected. BOO.
  • With staph. BOO BOO BOO.
  • The buyers are pursuing local financing to hopefully buy faster, with more energy. YAY!
  • We've been approved for a construction loan, so we can move right forward once the condo check's in the bank. YAY!
  • I do not have to deliver a baby during the same time of year that my first husband died. Yikes.
  • I get to do a better job of mentally preparing for a pregnancy this next time. YAY!
  • The possible complications are life-threatening, but only a 1 in 30,000 chance of being real complications. YAY!
  • People care deeply about us and understand my heart even when I make them laugh as they want to cry. YAY!
  • Rob's minor surgery was to remove non-malignant skin cancer. YAY!
  • There's really nothing good to say about staph.
There have been worse weeks, but the series of bad news was pretty consistent. Even so, I can see the mercies of God throughout nearly everything but the staph. That's just a fly in the ointment. A sturdy bacterial fly in the ointment, yes, but one that will die via the sturdier antibiotics (poor Rob).

I'm almost confident that God will bring the condo to closure with these buyers, but I still covet prayer over that. I'm ready for people to treat me normally, because I feel almost normal, but I still covet prayer to protect my heart and body. And I want to feel physically better so that I can enjoy the tiny shred of summer with my family before it's gone and I'm cold again.

4 comments:

Jessica Hanson said...

I am so sorry to hear about your baby, condo, and the crappy staph infection.

Praying that things start to turn around.

xoxo

Laurie said...

Sorry about your horrible terible bad week. Hang in there. I will pray for you guys. Gotta get betta than this.

Jess said...

Oh Addie! My heart skipped a few beats when I saw your blog post title... I'm so sorry. Will keep you all in our prayers, as always.

aubyn said...

bleep blape bloop. I don't know what to say :(