Monday, July 14, 2008

from the mouth of blake

Momma, I want a haircut. I need a haircut TONIGHT. I wanna be Spiderman.
***
A: "What do you want to say about the gummi worms?" (which he got for doing a great job during the haircut and nail trimming)
B: "I don't know. Um, what are you clicking? I say, 'Thank you, gummi worms!' Can I say that word? I think that was funny. Hey Mom? I want to watch a bideo. Mom, I want to watch a bideo."
A: "Do you want to say anything to the people who read my blog?"
B: "Thank you, people! People! People! Thank you, people! I Spiderman! Mom, I want to watch a bideo. Mom, I want to watch a bideo. Mom, I want to watch a bideo. Mom, I want to watch a bideo."
(a long explanation ensues as to a statement vs. a question and what requires an answer from me)
B: "Maybe I can say that word. Mom, may I please watch a bideo?"
A: "Yes, thank you for asking. Just one moment."
B: "I say that all right. That was a good word."
(kisses follow)
B: "Mom, I ree so love you....Mom, I thirsty."
A: "That's a statement. If you want me to answer, you need to ask me a question."
B: "Okay. Mom, can I please go open the fridge and get my milk so that I can drink it?"
A: "Yes, thank you for asking."

Miracles do happen. Not only did my son submit to haircut with an amazing lack of screaming and/or wrestling, but he ASKED for one. After ice cream, so he knew he wasn't getting any more of that. It was crazy and wonderful, so I let him pee in the yard and then run around it naked, him saying, "I nekky boy!"

We are a class act. I love shocking the neighbors. If they only knew his wide vocabulary skills, they'd be shocked all the more.

3 comments:

aubyn said...

Im trying to set up an account to stop being anonymous.

aubyn said...

SUCCESS

Catherine said...

Now i know where Tjabe got his new saying, "I'm Spiderman!" (as he dives onto furniture)