Monday, November 19, 2007

potential

Reese got into a car accident today. The Subaru is totaled and both she and the twins are ok. No one was at fault - Bozeman got A LOT of snow today - Reese's car went into a slide without her braking or turning the wheel, and she spun into on-coming traffic. Both airbags deployed, she's bruised with a fat lip (I've not seen her yet, but she called to let me know), and folks were very kind and friendly in helping out.

Once again I am reminded of how quickly everything in life can turn to shit. Please, please be safe if you are traveling for Thanksgiving (I know I will be), and tell those around you how grateful you are that they are part of your life. I am grateful for many things: you, for caring enough to read this; my friends and family; my warm home on cold nights, and most of all, my son. He is the light and the challenge of my life who greets me cheerfully each morning, saying, "I waked up!" Without him, I would not have pretend brown trout swimming in my bedroom for him to see while scuba diving. I would not have multiple little houses, built just for me out of air, nor a "red vehicle," built of the same. There would be fewer fingerprints, but I would miss each and every one.

3 comments:

THE WOODRING'S said...

Addie,
Let Reese and the boys know they are in our prayers. Thank goodness they were not hurt. Give them (and also everyone else) a big hug from all of us in Indiana.
Love ya
Mike, Chris, Kelsey

Anonymous said...

Ah crap-fest. I am changing what I am bringing to the Christmas gift exchange....Maybe a new car, and I hope they draw it!
Sorry, I make everything into a joke, thats how I deal with it..... But really if there is anything we can do, let us know.
aubyn and family

Momica said...

Addie,
This just reminded me to say.
I love you Addie and Blake!
Love,
Dad