Monday, February 11, 2008

suffering

I don't like anyone to suffer alone. I take things on to a degree that is probably unhealthy and co-dependent, and it's a very big part of why I don't subscribe to "The Voice of the Martyrs."

I found out yesterday that a friend had gone into preterm, unstoppable labor, and the twins, all 25 weeks of them, are now in the NICU in Great Falls. Her husband is there with the boys, but she's stuck in Bozeman, recovering from both a delivery and a C-section. While it's still a life-or-death situation for Miles and Will, there's considerably more hope for their survival and health than was indicated when I first found out. Praise God for that: being born at 25 weeks gestation is not an automatic death sentence.

Still, sometimes I just want the world to be ok - well, more than that, I want it to be redeemed. How much more crappiness do we have to take?

Revelation 22:20-21
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

(Ok God...it's been 2000 years, give or take. I know you're not late, but I am ready!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Addie, I'm with you girl!

Judy TH