- I'm overbearing and bossy.
- I have no discipline when it comes to eating, exercising, or sleeping.
- I'm so self-involved that I might as well live in my navel.
- I have a potty mouth...and a three-year-old. Talk about an explosive situation.
- I talk far more than I listen.
- I err on the side of judgment, not love.
- I think I'm always right (well, a lot of times, I am...I can't help that!).
- I'm getting overly impatient/overwhelmed by my son, leading to yelling in order to get his attention. I have not yet figured out how to quietly get the attention of hurricane force gale whipping through my life.
- I love being the center of attention to a degree that is not winsome or charming.
- I can wallow in self-pity until my fingers are all prune-y (or, as my son would say, "crusty").
These are the Words I am working on for wisdom and discipline:
- When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. Proverbs 10:19
- Lord, I know that You are great - greater than all gods. You do whatever pleases You, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths. Although You are sovereign and You do what You please, You are righteous in all Your ways and loving toward all You have made. from Psalms 135:4 and 145:17
- Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. Romans 14:13
What a weird world is mine.