Tuesday, August 12, 2008

crushing

I just found out that I cannot afford LASIK this fall. I was planning to parlay a week-long trip to Calgary to take advantage of the lower rates and the great recovery center (my fabulous in-laws).

All this was based on an original estimate (which I cannot find ANYWHERE) of $450-$550 an eye. Um, things must have changed, and it would have been anywhere from $900-$1850 PER EYE.

Yeah, I can't afford that. On the one hand, it's a bit of a relief - this hasn't been a great month financially (hail damage, new front brakes, general tune-up, registration... all car-related, plus a dental visit with X-rays, my best friend's and sister's weddings, plus my sister's baby shower all hit me this month). On the other hand, it's an enormous bummer. I was SO looking forward to ditching glasses and contacts forever (they're a pain!).

I suppose I will recover and be fine, but right now I'm crabby and disappointed. No one's going to cut up my eyes with lasers, and THAT SUCKS.

No comments: