Tuesday, March 3, 2009

after five days apart

Blake saw me come to the Frosty Freez in Big Timber, and his face nearly split in two because he was grinning so widely. Throughout our (deliciously unhealthy) lunch, he was as close to me as he could be without being in my lap, and we were on two separate chairs. Today, I have heard "Mom, I sure like you" a number of times, unprompted, followed by dear, tight squeezes.

I'm just saying...

I really love that kid. He kind of makes my world go 'round.

4 comments:

T said...

let me make note of this blog to remind you if and when you ever need it. i'm just saying...

Lindsey K said...

We got to see him and your parents at Mackenzie River and he was so lovable and gave tight squeezes...he does know how to make one feel like a pretty big deal.......

aubyn said...

I was walking around Pier 1, and I saw this kid Blake's age with his mom, and he said, "Hey mom? You're my bestest buddy!" Ill never forget it :) The mom was taken by suprise a little. What a nice thing :)

Anonymous said...

(It's Crystal) Remember when we used to feel that way when the church camp bus stopped in Big Timber and we all went to the drug store for huckleberry shakes?