Friday, June 26, 2009

bird is the word

I've been reunited with my love!

Panda Express is just so tasty, I love being able to enjoy it when I'm in Spokane.

Blake especially loves the orange chicken, which he calls "brown balls." As in, "Mom, can I please have brown balls for lunch?"

Yum yum yum!

Ok, Rob was here for over a week without me, and it was both fun and hard to be away from him for so long. Fun because I got to do just what I liked with my time (playing WoW with him remotely, of course), the house was precisely the way I left it after a weekend away, and Blake and I could eat cereal for dinner and not feel badly about not providing a strapping husband/father with meat and a side of protein (preferably meat-based) with a rib-eye shake for dessert. Hard because I wasn't in Spokane overseeing every minute detail of reconstruction and basically bossing him around all the time. Also, the garbage kept piling up without magically disappearing. It was awful and smelly and heavy and I felt very badly for myself. And going to bed alone was damn near impossible, then I'd get there and be unable to sleep until 1:00 or 2:00 am. I might be a leetle tiny bit EXHAUSTED.

Now we're BOTH in Spokane, fixing up the house with my folks and some friends and whomever of Rob's family we can finagle away for a while. I am convinced that Aislynn (one month) and Cec (age withheld) will bond firmly over a shared love for the trim nail gun... if Blake doesn't get his hands on it first. Things are coming along nicely after all Rob and Cec's work before now, plus what we accomplished today, but I feel badly for Rob. He's putting all this time and money into a place that he won't get to enjoy all dolled up, because we're hoping to sell it or, at the very least, rent it.

And things are going well with Bing and Lane, which is why I can write a post that's not at all about them after two rather harrowing posts all about them. Check out her blog (Burch Perch) for more - she's got the goods.

God's in His heaven, all's right with the world. And I'm not really that bossy.

Ok, I am. Take out the garbage, please.

No comments: