Wednesday, February 10, 2010

we were there too, i swear!

Some friends and I had a ladies' weekend in Billings a few days ago. There weren't any ladies there, but we four showed up, so it was good. The rule was "no kids that aren't physically relying on your body for sustenance"... and even with that severe limitation, I was the ONLY ONE THERE without a child. I win!

I figure Reese is making up for all the parties we didn't throw at my parents' house growing up, because she's taken advantage of their absence in such a way before. They leave town, she drives in, hot tub is used. I was finally able to come on one of these ventures, and it was great fun, minus the part about leaving on Blake's birthday to drive two hours in the heavily snowing dark. As my friend Kellie would say, you couldn't leave your car because the flakes were that big. You'd be concussed.

But I made it! Got to say good-bye to the parental units who were off to Costa Rica and join the non-ladies for a glass of wine and some good face time. I always appreciate their laughter and candor and great conversation and points of view. We ate well, despite the grill acting up (I ended up "grilling" NY strip on a panini pan), slept poorly, and had to break and run on Sunday morning due to illness both in Billings ("I need to go home") and in Bozeman ("My husband needs me to come home"). It was a good time, all told. And the weird thing is, I have very little proof that the adult members of our party were there.

I got home, we opened up the house for a Superbowl party relocated from the Schuyler house, and it was loud and merry and a capital end to the weekend. Except for the part about the Colts losing, but I only care about that for Gailzee and Rachel.

OH NOES! Where are the babies?!

Oh. There they are! (l-r) Hank, Sawyer, Joel.
Close one.

In various stages of undress. There are adult hands on the right and a foot on the left, but this is it. The sum total of my photos while we were there. Awesome.

I love a queen who knows the wisdom of eye protection.

*Edited for better taste: I love a dad who doesn't take himself too seriously... AND permits photos of said fun (probably against his better judgment)!

3 comments:

aubyn said...

Girl time is great. I am a huge fan of getting together with the girlies and talkin' 'bout life! Changing locations makes it more "get-away" like ;)

clever photo captions! ha ha ha

rebecca said...

Who you callin' queen? my hubby is no queen! all man, that one.

Anonymous said...

Hi, as you may already noted I am recent here.
In first steps it's really nice if somebody supports you, so hope to meet friendly and helpful people here. Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)