Monday, May 24, 2010

my hearthRob

I love him. I love him madly.
  • He puts up with my snarkiness almost all the time. He is gracious when I am not and is learning how to tell me when I have shoved both feet violently in my mouth.
  • He took a job that he did not love to provide for us. He pursued promotion to a job he thought he could like, but is not passionate about, in order to provide for us. He actively strives to do better at this job because he enjoys it and has reorganized his life goals because he can see further out than ever before.
  • He does not complain about ^^^^, even though it means he cannot travel the way he used to. Two nonconsecutive days off each week tends to cut into your sightseeing. His work ethic and integrity impress me regularly.
  • He is patient and firm with Blake, depending on the need. He is tougher than me and enjoys wrestling - sometimes to the point that Blake gets hurt, just enough to know that Dad kicks ass.
  • He is warm at night, almost too much so (this could be a problem in the summer, when I love me my cool sheets), and has dutifully taken the job of being my hot water bottle. His squeaks and spasms of protest only encourage me to snuggle my icy appendages even closer. I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think he minds, even when I fall asleep and drool on his shoulder.
  • He enthusiastically eats my cooking and compliments me on it.
  • He knows just enough about wine to make me feel like I've been unwittingly drinking Boone's Farm all my life.
  • He reads faster than me and is better at the board game of Scrabble while I am better at the online game of Scrabble (more time to plot my world-dominating moves). Ok, I kind of love these and I kind of get annoyed at these.
  • He makes me laugh and laughs at my jokes, though not nearly enough of the latter.
  • He just pulled up, so I need to be done.

4 comments:

Janelle Wilson said...

Sometimes it's wise to put the good things in writing, so when you're having "one of those days", you can look back and say, "Oh yeah! I DO love him!"

leblogdelossmiths said...

Rob is a great guy. We miss him around here!

lanerdoo said...

Amen Janelle. Also, I can't help but feel like Bing and I inspired this post. Over the weekend you saw how passionately we love eachother and lift the other up with kind words and loving glances.

You're welcome.

Grammie Perrine said...

I love your post... and I also love online Scrablle but it peeves me when the Computer uses words like uracil and axite...and Lane ...you crack me up!