Sunday, May 16, 2010

that's what he said

A: Let's go eat at Samurai Sam's. We can share a noodle bowl and a Dr. Pepper.
B: DR. PEPPER?! YEAH! Let's do that. Cuz I love you. I don't want to hurt your feelings.

*****
B: Mom, smoking is bad.
A: Yep, it sure is. You don't have my permission to smoke.
B: I'll NEVER smoke. I'll smoke one a day. When I'm six.

*****
A: (to B, as he's just bossed me around) You've got the pecking order wrong. I'm the pecker.

Wait...

*****
(Back in the day, my family drove everywhere. As in, EVERYWHERE. California. Indiana. The East Coast. Vancouver. We were on a budget and had the time, so we drove. And to get us interested in what was going on OUTSIDE the car, Dad would promise a dollar to whoever saw a deer/antelope/elk before he did. Seeing as he was driving and is a hunter, the man rarely had to pay out. Still, it was a useful distraction tool for us argumentative money-grubbers, so I have used it on B, even though he doesn't have anyone to argue with yet. He hasn't quite gotten the concept down fully.)

A: Look at all those deer! (pointing to a small herd behind an office building in town)
B: I saw them!
...
Do I get a dollar now?

No comments: