Saturday, August 21, 2010

that's what he said

A: You have hairy legs. Look at all that hair!
B: Yeah. It's cuz I have hair growing out of me.

*****
B: I NEED A COFFEE!

*****
B: Where are Lane's mom and dad?
A: You mean Grammie and Papaw? Those are Lane's mom and dad. She's my sister. Did you know that?
B: I knew that Reese was your sister, but I didn't know LANE was your sister too! I thought she was....
um...
Grammie's sister.
A: Oh, she'll love that!

*****
B: Mom?
A: I'm in the other room.
B: OH. WELL I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT I WANT TO TRY REALLY HARD TO STOP DISOBEYING YOU. EVER.

I decided not to point out that I've asked him not to holler at me from another room, because the sentiment was awfully sweet. And I suppose hollering is better than the time he walked in on me in the bathroom with a blanket over his face to "pretect" my privacy but still have an urgent conversation about breakfast.

*****
B: (upon invitation to his first dress-up birthday party, a royal-theme for a princess friend) I will dress up as a ninja disguised as a prince. All those princesses will need to be pretected.
R: I think that sound wise. It's an awful lot of royalty in one place.

*****
S: I hate making mistakes because it takes me so long to forgive myself afterward.

*****
Tiny girl, name unknown: (overheard at preschool while dropping B off) OK, let's go outside and chase boys.

*****
B: Mom, I love you so much that I'm going to clean this chair. REALLY. WELL.

1 comment:

Grammie Perrine said...

Methinks Blake will need to be pretected when Lane reads this post!