Friday, October 1, 2010

a story in photos, part 1

At the tail end of our August vacation (yes, it's been a month since then, but WHAT A MONTH!), we drove to Billings for my beloved cousin's wedding to a dear man who totally gets her. Aubyn and Hans: you two are a treat, and like Janelle pointed out, we knew it was going to be an awesome wedding, because the sign said so:

Do you think we turn here? I am not sure... it might be for a different wedding...

The photo collage of them at various ages. I loved seeing a new (young) side of Hans and reminiscing over familiar photos of Aubyn in her wee, cherubic years. My favorite photo of the two of them together is in the upper right. Aubyn's nose is in the book "The Care & Training of Husbands" while holding an apple to Hans mouth.

The scene, set before a wind and rain storm moved us cheerfully (and precipitously) into the garage.

Lovers of candy, the couple anticipated all the children that were coming and figured out that a sugar coma before the ceremony itself was probably the best way to keep them quiet.

The wind had some advantages.

Blake LOVED Hannah's & Jarred's boy, Noah. Noah loved him right back.
B: "Hi Noah! You shouldn't follow me down this way, because you might fall. I'll come help you."

B: "Here's a little path that you can walk to get down to where I was. Come on! Be careful!"

B: "Great job! ... You're cute! ... Yes, you are! ... Mom, I made him laugh!"

The thoughtful couple also provided a basket full of fun toys for kiddo entertainment. This was a balsa plane.

Smith had a foam rocket.

And Maddox had a "D'OH!" moment.

Hans's lovely family (from left): Ingrid, Hans, Annebritt, and Sven.

Another lovely family: Selah, Joy-Joy, Meggie, and Stef.

A breezy and casual Cathy, my Momica, and Meg.

Four generations: Meg, Joy, Grammie Claire, and Selah.

Those eyes... they're MESMERIZING!

It was pretty much a family reunion for me, or as close as I've ever had to one. I grew up with all these folks that life had flung far and wide, so being back together in one place again was momentous and fun - and because the wedding was so chill and relaxed, we actually got to SEE each other, chat, and even have photographic evidence that we were all there at the same time. Even so, I wish we could have had MORE time, because I am needy and selfish like that. And I miss my cousins and aunts and uncles, and I want to know the cousins' kids.

Coming up: The ceremony itself, and the goofiness gaiety hilarity afterward!

1 comment:

aubyn said...

I was the PEOPLE that made this wedding so awesome!!!
And the photobooth!