Saturday, November 27, 2010

that counts, right?

I saw this cute turkey cookie in the store and thought I'd give it a try. Isn't that so cute? This is out of the ordinary for me, because I'm very much a "from scratch" kind of girl. I save an insane number of calories every year because I cannot bring myself to eat store-bought cookies.

Then I make my own and it's all for naught as I trade in preservatives and artificial color for straight butter. Oh... butter. MMMMMMMMMM.

Also, I wanted to see how these things worked. If it was a roll I sliced, there was no way my turkeys would look as cute as that. So how was it done? I had to know.

Not quite so cute. Nor very appetizing. They are like wads of turkey dough.

Blake did not share my opinion and was eager to eat them raw if I would have let him.

Yes, I aimed them all the same way. I knew I was going to take a picture, for crying out loud! It is my flock of turkey wads.

Ah, the turkey sugar cookie! Blake thought they were delicious, I thought they were still cute but nondescript in flavor. I will not be buying them again.

Lane wanted more photos of what's going on in our life. It's hard to take a picture of "the condo's off the market because I was going nuts trying to keep it showable and I just want to set up a puzzle or scrapbooking table in the middle of everyone's way and leave it there for about six weeks." Also difficult to frame up and zoom in on "we're starting the Rob-adopting-Blake process in an act of faith that God will continue to provide for us financially despite losing Blake's not-insignificant Social Security income."

I paint WORD pictures, guys. Still figuring out how to take good photos. Besides, if a picture is worth a thousand words, this whole entire blog is worth about ten thousand pictures.

No comments: