Friday, January 14, 2011

that's what he said

A: How old are you again? No, wait! How old will you be?
B: Um, six. How old are you?
A: Thirty.
B: Oh my word, I'll NEVER catch up!

*****
(We had friends over for dinner, which took a l-o-n-g time to be ready. While we waited, P played Star Wars Legos on the Wii with Blake, thereby making him Blake's favorite person ever that night.)
B: Thank you for saving me, Yoda.
P: Welcome you are.

*****
B: (telling Rob something that neither Rob nor I can remember now)
R: That's crazy!
B: Your FACE is crazy! HAHAHA! I gotcha Dad! I gotcher back! I gotcher back!

*****
A: I think we should get your skis on tomorrow and practice going down a little hill.
B: (gasps) And... is there jumps?!
A: No, you have to get used to the feel of skiing first.
B: AWWW, MAN!

*****
B: Mom, I heard about something called a splitboard when my alarm went off this morning. It's a snowboard that splits and turns into skis! Isn't that awesome?
A: My friend Sam is going to want to talk to you. He's a splitboarder.
B: AWESOME!

*****
A: You know you get to go be with Peter, Kale, and Joel tomorrow.
B: And Mayomi.
A: Nope, Naomi's coming with me.
B: (jumping up and down behind me) YAY! ALL BOYS! ALL BOYS! (walking over and quietly putting one hand on my arm) But don't worry, I still love you and I like being with you too.

*****
A: (thinking he's been brushing his teeth for a very long time) B, are you done yet? Are you ready for bed?
B: A'course not, I'm pooping!

4 comments:

Noel said...

Do I always tell you that these are my favorites? I want to meet Mr Blake someday. He's a peach. I love his tender little heart, how he communicates enthusiasm but then tells you that he loves being with you, too.

xoxo

leblogdelossmiths said...

I enjoy these SO much!

Grammie Perrine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grammie Perrine said...

"YAY! ALL BOYS! ALL BOYS!"... Blake surely does not suppress his true feelings..Love your posts... they make me laugh.