Wednesday, September 7, 2011

the most beautiful hole in the world

Our lot, to the utility boxes near the center.
Same boxes, now on the right, to the corner you can't see on the left.
It's a beautiful hole, and only a tiny bit of a swimming pool.
The beautiful hole is gone! The pad in the foreground is under the garage.
Terrible fires make for spectacular sunsets. It's not a feature specific to our lot, but I'd like to think so.
Preparing for footings.
How firm a foundation...
The ground floor.
In the master closet, looking at the garage door and laundry room.
Hard to tell, but now there are interior walls...
And front porch beams.
It is very happy, and so are we.

7 comments:

Noel said...

It's gorgeous. I hope it's a big master closet. I couldn't quite tell.

So did you go write blessings? We did that on the sub-floor before we put down hardwoods at my parents. I think of that every time they talk about downsizing. "But, we blessed the floor!"

lanerdoo said...

it always floors me to see houses fly up so fast! YIPEEE!

Jennifer Hawkinson said...

So cool how FAST it is going up! It's Extreme Makeover Home Edition-ish :) Congrats!

Catherine said...

I drove by this the other day and wondered if it was yours. So exciting!

gailzee said...

What a tremendous change in so little time. Those boys are hauling ass! Way to go on this whole project. When did you have time to put house plans together? I had no idea you had all your plans and such together! Write a blessing for me...God bless this house and all who enter! :)

Lindsey K said...

wow!! you must have one amazing builder because that thing is looking GOOD!! so exciting. Congrats friend :)

Laurie said...

You have no idea how afraid I was to read your blog after seeing your title and knowing you. ha ha . I am glad I took the chance. I happen to know your builder and I have seen some of his work. Awesomeness. I look forward to seeing your new home when it is all done and I am in town. I am excited fopr you guys.