Friday, October 7, 2011

diy

The twins find Otter Pops too cold to hold and eat.  I bought some felt a while back to make things like this:
It's supposed to go on a hair band, so I can put it on the end of my braid and dress up my "I didn't shower today" look. I haven't gotten around to the hand sewing part - everything else was done with hot glue!

So, I got this idea from the interwebs several months ago, and it turns out that whipping felt into quick Otter Pop handles is super-fast-easy. Especially because my sewing machine was already in from the garage (I'm pretending to be a quilter. Eventually. Maybe.).

Ta da! Now the boys can all hold their Otter Pops and eat them too (I made one for Blake and Sawyer too, because to do otherwise is just foolish). I'll try to get a photo of them in use here soon, if the weather holds long enough that frozen sugar water still sounds like a fun treat to small people.

No comments: