Monday, November 28, 2011

grateful for... being almost done with this!

November 27

Yesterday I was grateful to be back in my own bed, even if I wasn't able to sleep much in it. Rob and I both tossed and turned, and I can tell he's getting frustrated by lack of sleep by how violently he rolls over. It reaches a point where I'm genuinely concerned about being popped off the bed by a particularly indignant flop.

November 28 

It's hard to feel grateful for much today, because I'm sick as a dog with a nasty cold thanks to one of the ankle biters I was in close quarters with at Thanksgiving. "Cover your mouth!" is a frequent refrain, one often lost on the little shits coughing right in my face. At least I managed to evade the 4-6 hours of puking that tagged Sawyer, Smith, Matt, Blake, and my Mom over the course of a week.

In the absence of anything nice to say, I will leave you with a poem, I'm Thankful, by Jack Prelutsky:

I'm thankful for my baseball bat
I cracked it yesterday
I'm thankful for my chess set
I haven't learned to play
I'm thankful for my mittens
One is missing in the snow
I'm thankful for my hamsters
They escaped a month ago
I'm thankful for my basketball
It sprung another leak
I'm thankful for my parakeet
It bit me twice last week
I'm thankful for my bicycle
I crashed into a tree
I'm thankful for my roller blades
I fell and scratched my knee
I'm thankful for my model plane
It's in a dozen parts
I'm thankful for my target game
I'm sure I'll find the parts
I'm thankful for my bathing suit
It came off in the river
I'm thankful for so many things
except, of course for LIVER!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

He he, nice last line on the poem... maybe some liver would make you feel better ;)