Saturday, December 10, 2011

picture post

This boy is an impossible ham! I think he was proving that he'd eaten everything.
In this one, it was more to do with the fact that he'd missed a spot. All over his face.
There was a big spider outside Sawyer's room, and we heard a whispered commotion: "It's walking towards the door! Blow on it! Blow on it! Keep it out of Sawyer's room!" Sawyer, asleep, was oblivious of the care his brothers and cousins took to prevent a spider entry under his door. Blake eventually arrived with a Kleenex and crushed it.
We had a big gathering for Thanksgiving, and it was so good to see Hans (lower right baldy - love you Hans!) and Aubyn (next photo) after a long time away. They moved to the east coast, so I guess it's understandable.
We were all held captive by Aubyn, back in her family element and chatty as all get out. I've missed that girl.
Grammie bought blocks in the hopes of entertaining boys that range in age from two to over six.
It worked!
Reese got Soy-boy a set of Spiderman jammies to compensate for the twins' Spiderman costumes. HE WAS SO HAPPY! Video of him jumping off the hearth (like Spiderman) to come soon.
The moving has begun! I'm standing in the dining area, facing northwest.
Our magnificently large kitchen!
Dining room. Got to add a tablecloth to our used table - the very thin (but real oak and mahogany) veneer is peeling off in places and making me crazy. My next big project will then be reupholstering the seat covers. I'm nothing if not ambitious with used furniture!
Blake's room. The kid needs a headboard, but he's got what makes life complete: four light sabers.

7 comments:

Nichole said...

Looking good! Are those double ovens I see? If so, that's awesome! :)

Grammie Perrine said...

Love your humor and your family! PS Your new home looks bee-yoo-tiful!

Jess said...

So... when do we plan our visit? :D Looks fantastic!

Stephers said...

I was out for my run the other night and saw lights on in your new house. I wanted to stop and say "hello" but it was 9:00. I so wanted to see the new digs. Your house looks amazing. Congratulations! Blessings, Stephanie Edwards

Molly said...

What a gorgeous house! Of course, I'm not surprised since you have great taste, but I still have to work hard not to covet :)

Husband, house, baby... again, God's timing is perfect and he is kind. Merry settling in.

gailzee said...

Blessings threefold for the Bedfords. What a wonderful house. I love everything. Enjoy the holidays.
(I went thru and removed all the exclamation points...)It was hard and now I sound drabby.

lanerdoo said...

Great post. Gail, you crack me up! I am an exclaimer too! :) It is just our zesty exuberance coming out in text... And when there is so much to be exuberant about, how do you not?