Friday, June 29, 2012

LONDON 2012 PARALYMPICS, BABY!

Sam Kavanagh, the dear friend who is Blake Samuel's namesake, received word today that he was chosen for the 2012 Paralympic team and is London-bound! The same avalanche that claimed big Blake's life also shattered Sam's leg to a degree that made amputation the best choice for his activity level and drive for life.

Sam's taken his crazy passion for seizing life by the horns and getting every. last. drop. out of it and surpassed anyone's expectations. I'm so proud of him, I'm so thrilled for his family, and I'm so honored to call them friends.

Sam, Sarah, Amelia, and Nolan: you have what it takes. You've paid a high price to become one of the most encouraging families I know, which doesn't slow and of you down a bit. I love you dearly and wish very much that I could celebrate in person with you right now.

2 comments:

Kavy said...

Addie, Rob, Blake and Vesper,
We love you four, and thank you for all of your kind words. We are so thankful for this opportunity! We can't wait to hold that sweet baby girl!!!
Love,
The 4 Kavys

Grammie Perrine said...

SO DANG COOL!