Sunday, November 18, 2012

a more cheerful princess leia

I wrangled V back into her Halloween costume (over non-white jammies - I had to get while the gettin' was good!), for a smiling picture of her as Princess Leia. The hat was made by my friend, who cannot legally sell "baby Princess Leia beanies" in her Etsy shop, but what she does with her brown beanies and the potential add-on of two clip-on ear warmers is her business. I'll just point you to her, for those who asked, because HELL NO, I do not knit (or crochet, for that matter). I did make the robe from some white quilting fabric, loosely following the instructions here. It was very easy, only requiring some cutting and hemming. Rather than spend too much time on the belt, I just used silver ribbon.

I think Vesper is like her momma in that she's more photogenic IN hats than out of them. It's awfully convenient when I don't have time to blow-dry my hair and when it's winter and a flower on a headband doesn't protect her adorable ears.

No comments: