Wednesday, February 6, 2013

procrastinating

Because I have a pile of things looming that I don't want to deal with right now, I'm blogging instead. Tomorrow (maybe even later tonight!), I will bemoan my choices and wish vainly for more hours in my day and more sleep in my nights. What can I say? It's how I roll.

How Blake rolls. "This is a 2X3 Destroying Machine. This buggy is very powerful and can destroy a building with one missile and one bullet. Say that, Mom."
"Okay."

V and T. T's fiance lived with us for the last five weeks and just moved out today. While Blake is glad to get the armory back, Rob and I are a little sad we didn't have more game nights. Guess they'll have to host US in the new apartment! (Terra, that is a hint. I'm not sure how clear I have to be...)

Blake and Gunnar wanted to play video games, so I negotiated. Blake LOVES shoveling, and hurried outside to complete his chores. Gunnar looked at me like I was joking.

I was not. But Blake was pretty fast, so I think Gunnar only had to do the porch and steps.

Warning: if we have you over for dinner, we'll try VERY hard to rope you into playing Just Dance 4 with us. Pictures are usually verboten (as my friend Jared put it, "What happens at Addie's stays at Addie's"), but Blake, Joel, and Kale were too stinkin' cute to resist.

Speaking of stinkin' cute, this bugger hit seven months in January!

I'm already trying to figure out what to put her in for her 8-month photo.

She's about to sprout two teeth on the bottom, likes to scratch things (my desk and couch both have damage from nails that were a fraction of a millimeter in length), and seems to be happiest when diaper-free.

She's still remarkably uninterested in rolling over or being on her stomach, the lazy little bean. One of these days she's going to figure out she's mobile-ish, but until then, it's awfully convenient to find her right where I last left her.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Your family is adorable. In her picture with Terra, Vesper looks a lot like Blake!

gailzee said...

OMG! Blake's building destroyer and VeeBee's red dress! Outstanding! Cute pics of everybody! Happy Birthday, Blake!

Grammie Perrine said...

I thought I had visited recently, but was happy, happy, happy to see new bloggies and beauties...Ohhh that little V is a cutie pie!