Thursday, November 8, 2007

teaser

As soon as I figure out which cord to use to get video off my little handheld, I have a great one to share. Good video of Blake is limited to his younger days, as he now sees the camera (video or otherwise) and immediately says, "See? I see it?" Clearly, he is truly a child of the digital age: instant gratification!

I usually tell him there's nothing to see yet and that he has to do something cute first. Today, he obliging gave me a great few moments that really sum up my wee man. I promise to get working on this upload soon - it's too funny not to share.

Also, I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I am losing my roommate. Lane will be headed to the Oregon coast for a trial run of life out there. On one hand, I'm excited for her new phase of life. On the other, I'm not certain it's the wisest move with the best motives...so I get to pray even harder for her! Mostly, we will miss her terribly. For those of you not well-acquainted with our family, Reese is like a good glass of wine: tasteful, classy, with an occasional kick...I am more like a Long Island iced tea: tasty, strong, can bite you in the rear...Lane is like an Irish carbomb: a feisty & friendly punch in the nose.

She and my Dad are the least likely to be offended by some of the garbage that comes out of my mouth, but Dad will rein me in if need be. Lane just laughs and adds her own spiciness/vulgarity. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that about her. She's not great at housework, her cooking largely consists of boiling pasta, and she sometimes talks in her sleep.

I don't know what we'll do without her.

No comments: