Tuesday, April 15, 2008

fyi

For those of you wine snobs like me who don't care for white, I read that the 2005 Bordeaux is drinking very well these days. Well-known estates have bottles selling for upwards of $2000 (!!!), but the year was good across the region, so smaller vintners have excellent bottles at reasonable prices.

I just had two glasses of a $13 Bordeaux from World Market. I also got one ($13) from CVS. After these two glasses of tasty red, I'm going back for more tomorrow, because while $13 is a bit more than I would usually pay for wine, it's a damn bargain compared to two grand.

Also, I will be needing a wine rack.

2 comments:

Addie said...

Oh yeah, and I once heard of a woman who got very offended at the repeated use of "FYI" by her boss. She finally confronted him, huffing:
"I know what the F and the Y stand for, but what is the I? Enormously?"

Apparently she wasn't much of a speller.

Molly said...

World Market sells some great wine racks ... but they're usually pretty small :)