Sunday, June 8, 2008

accept no substitutes

Believe it or not, there are a number of things going on in my life that do not make it to my blog (I'm working on the self-idolatry, and a big part of that is not talking about myself so damn much...very hard to do!). A quick example:
  • I have my 10 year high school reunion this coming weekend.
  • Two women very, very close to me both recently got engaged...woohoo!
  • Blake and I get to go to D.C. in about two weeks for a visit to Rachel (Daddy Blake's eldest sister) & family.
  • I've an AMAZING new recipe for Thai red curry - which is one of my specialties. This recipe makes the old recipe seem like a cute-but-sad attempt by a Montana girl to play with Thai food...which is pretty accurate.
For those of you who use my blog as a replacement for picking up the phone and calling me, well, it's just not the same (yes, I'm talking to YOU, Kathleen!). Those who could pass me on the street unrecognized...um, you can go ahead and keep not calling me. That could get weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew from the first line thanks for naming me though.

Molly said...

So do we get this Red Thai curry recipe, or do we have to keep bumbling along as Montana girls who are faking it?

Actually, my secret-curry-weapon is "Golden Curry," a brand that you can buy at World Market. It's easy, yummy (my Korean friends tell me that it's Japanese curry), and can be thickened up even more with coconut milk.

Oh, and congratulations to your friends!

Addie said...

The problem with golden/yellow curry right now is that it stains the bands on my braces to a degree that is kind of shocking. Think neon yellow teeth. The good news? They are coming off soon, so I can have all the yellow curry I want! I want A LOT.

Kathleen, you are welcome. I only did it because I doubt that many folks who read this have any idea who you are. I wouldn't intentionally embarrass you in public! Unintentionally....that's a whole 'nother story.

Heather said...

can't wait to see you this weekend! i love your blog. i tried to comment on an earlier post about how cute and precious you and your son are, and how i personally don't want you to ever stop talking about yourself, but for some reason at work it wouldn't let me do it. i'm trying again today, b/c i'm nothing if not stubborn. anyways, can't wait to see you! xoxoxo ~ h

Anonymous said...

im not embarrassed. I laughed. Also, I couldn't pass you on the street w/out recognition. I have the christmas picture that came with the blog address.