Saturday, June 7, 2008

the cuteness is almost too much

Blake is watching VeggieTales right now, and The Boyz in the Sink is on - singing BellyButton. As soon as it comes on, Blake jumps off the couch, and trots into his room, muttering "I need to get my guitar."

He plays his little cowboy guitar through the song...the double dose of wonderfully amazing artistic ability makes my heart soar.



Also, when I set a plate of baby carrots, cucumber slices, and sugar snap peas down as an appetizer, my son promptly came over and munched up all but the peas. I have friends whose children rigorously eschew all vegetables, so sweet Blake's willing and eager consumption of such healthy goodness is kind of amazing to me.

Of course, there was the time he hid two baby carrots in a pocket of the car. By the time I found them, they had dried and shriveled to the size of two orange toothpicks. Guess you can't have it all.

**********
We were out the yard today (it was cold, but we toughed it out until the clouds hid the sun and it got really windy - it NEEDS TO BE SUMMER HERE), and Blake played with his rice box, which has lots of sand and bath toys in it. Lacking a sand box, last year I took a big Tupperware and filled it with a twenty pound bag of rice from Costco. It feels very decadent now that rice is in short supply, but what can I do?

So, he has a small net, which he snatched out and held up like a trophy, yelling "Mom! I going to catch jellyfish!" He then danced about our small swath of grass and ran back with his catch. I'm sure most of you think he should probably be catching "butterflies," but that would show a lack of knowledge about SpongeBob SquarePants. When you live in a pineapple under the sea, the butterflies are in short supply, so they catch jellyfish.

He then proceeded to fill bowls of rice to feed his cows. Imagination is a wonderful thing.

No comments: