Friday, June 6, 2008

oh, the disconcertment

I turned off my alarm this morning and slept in a tiny bit. Blake woke me up at about 7:45, and we casually got him dressed and talked about what we would do this morning. He wanted to vacuum, which naturally made my heart go pitter-pat. If only he'd want to scrub my bathtubs.

I opened the blinds to a grey morning, per usual around here these days, and moved towards breakfast, eager for an open day full of nothing to putter and play. Walking past my table, I off-handedly wondered why I would have my Timbuk2 bag packed up and ready to go to work, and THEN MY HEART EXPLODED.

There's nothing quite like waking up blissfully secure in the belief that it's Saturday, then having the fact that it's-Friday-and-your
son-has-to-be-at-preschool-in-about-twenty-minutes-or-you
get-withering-looks-and-then-you-get-to-go-to-work-all-day come up and knock the wind out of you. I didn't recover until noon, and that had to be without the help of a cold beer at lunch. Sigh. Fridays are rough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim says we have lots of cold beer - stop in any time!!
Kitty