Sunday, June 15, 2008

eating crow

I had a great time at my reunion. The class president did a wonderful job pulling things together (though, after seeing many folks Friday night at the bar, last night's dinner/dance was anti-climactic), and it was so fun to see people again after such a long time. In general, the girls (I CAN STILL CALL US THAT) looked pretty much the same. The same couldn't be said for most of the guys...seemed like a lot of them had more around the middle or less on top or a combination of the two that was kind of startling.

It was a delightful time, and I'm very glad that I went. Next time, I will brush up on the yearbook pics to try to remember more names - I was wretched at them, which made me feel like a total flake pretty much the whole time.

Oh yeah, and the guy who nicknamed me "Adildo" my junior year? He totally apologized, felt awful, and is still as cute as ever. I may have forgiven him and secretly wished he'd asked for my phone number. No matter how much I hated him at the time, it now makes for a deliciously funny story, and none of you gets to call me that. EVER.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about when I said to that sweet girl at your table, after looking at her senior photo on her name-tag, "nope, still not ringing a bell" how insensitive. apologize for me if you should be in touch sometime in the next 10 years.

you are an excellent dancer and Josh and I are now on the look-out for a Jesus-lovin', dance-floor supertar for you. then, we'll all go out.

Anonymous said...

superstar--a dancefloor superStar!

Addie said...

Woo-woo! Bring him ON. Blake's been asking where the "new Daddy" is. :)

Catherine said...

You make me wish I could go to my 10-year reunion...

Heather said...

addie - 1) it was so great to see you this weekend. you are smokin hot. 2) i now have officially moved into the phase where i can call you addie. it just took the reunion. 3) i love your little blake. and 4) i'm on the lookout for a match for you. :) xoxoxo!

maow said...

Who could get away with calling you *that*? I suppose that someone possessing The Cuteness is more likely to do so...

It was excellent to see you, if only for a brief conversation. You do look fantastic :)

*sparkle*
~paul