Tuesday, July 22, 2008

sounds like heaven

Last night, I cleaned my floors. I keep these suckers pretty well-swept (I hate grit under my bare feet), but I have dark laminate, so spills and dirt don't really show much. So I almost never mop, because I hate it, and I've yet to find a babysitter that's willing to moonlight as a cleaning lady for twice the babysitting rate.

Oh well.

It's quite literally been months since I last mopped. I honestly cannot remember the last time, other than once in February? Maybe? I think I did it once since then.

My floors are now so clean that my feet squeak when I walk across them. Laminate never really LOOKS clean (in the right light, you can see all the smudges and stuff on the surface), but boy howdy, it sure sounds clean.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Mopping? What's that?

Anonymous said...

I have tile floors that aren't particularly dark, but if I sweep regularly, I don't have to mop for months, either! But I do know the feeling of a clean, mopped floor...and only then do I realize how dirty it really was!

And Molly...with two dogs, you don't mop? Yikes, woman.