Thursday, August 7, 2008

that's what she said

From Kellie, upon reading the previous post (I love her, she totally gets me):

Do you remember Elliot from Scrubs, and how when she was dating Rick Schroeder, she kept trying to hide the fact that she was crazy from him? It's really funny, truly, but I got to thinking. That's all we as women do. Every day try not to let everyone see just how unbalanced we might be. It can be a game. I'm thinking, "Maybe I don't want/need to share everything that pops into my brain. Perhaps not everyone will think it's as clever/smart/sane as I do." And sometimes there's just not time to filter everything before it comes out.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

and there's nothing like 2 days before a wedding, extended family, new inlaws and old fears to make hiding the crazy really hard.
Miss you.