Sunday, September 28, 2008

history lesson

I know of at least three, possibly four, folks who've recently read my blog from start to finish. While this is humbling (I can't believe there are people who care enough to do that - despite there being a number of you who've kept up with me all this time), it's also a little alarming.

What on earth did I write?!

So I'm going back and doing the same thing. So far, I'm through 2007 - thank goodness I didn't start blogging earlier - and there's been nothing TOO embarrassing. I do write a lot from a heart that was burdened and blue, and while that's fair, I also hope that 2008 shows a slightly sunnier disposition, with less whining.

Then I remember this is about ME, so that's unlikely. God's taught me so much, but He's also made me aware of how much more there is to learn. Sometimes that's discouraging (I like to get somewhere), but most times it's amazing that the Creator of the universe cares enough to guide my sinful heart where it needs to go.

No comments: