Wednesday, September 3, 2008

my bombshell

There's so much I want to talk about: Molly's & JR's wedding, my almost-here nephew, and a bunch of old business I haven't touched on yet.

HOWEVER, something rather pressing has come up, and I wanted to notify as many folks as possible without having to call each and every one of you that's not on Facebook.

I'm seeing someone. I met him at during the Routson/Friesen wedding weekend, we had amazingly intentional conversations, and I'm stunned and delighted by the speed with which everything happened.

His name is Rob, he lives in Spokane, and he loves the Lord. He seems to be somewhat fond of me.

That's all you get! I'm not about to permit over-exposure to ruin something promising.

I know that it will be very hard for lots of you that I'm in a relationship with someone you don't know, and I know that you're wildly curious. I also know that folks are so protective because they love me so very much, and I look forward to the time that introductions can be made. Until then, I plan to enjoy this (a lot) and to do so rather privately.

My phone has only just cooled off from the first flurry of calls and texts. If you must ask... go ahead and email me. I might even answer!

15 comments:

Molly said...

You can send people our way to vouch for Rob :D

Momica said...

Well this sounds good and scarry oh, you private person you. I think we have made a quantum leap. and I mean you and that turd in your pocket. We are excited for what the Lord purposes. You are a delight!

Anonymous said...

...and we have a few photographs... :~)
We love you and are praying for you... Jim & Kitty

Addie said...

I can't believe my mother just called my child (her grandson) a turd.

I thought I was the only one who did that!

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited for you and will be praying. He should be quite taken with you. You're great!

Jody

Sharon said...

From the time I saw the blog title, I had an inkling....and, I, too, have a picture for you from the celebration.

V-e-r-y pleased for you, Addie.

Molly said...

I also just wanted to comment on the fact that your mom referred to the "turd in your pocket." Although I wasn't as clear that she was referring to your son.

Momica said...

Molly, you are correct. I was not inferrng my sweet grandson! Just a funny quip with using "we" when you realy don't want to be "flying SOLO."

Carrie Peeples said...

I too can help vouch for Rob. And you were SO cute at the wedding! We're really happy for you and pray for the best. He seemed TOTALLY (not somewhat) taken with you!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. And don't even think for a second that I'm going to let you get by with minimal details. I am my mother's daughter after all and we expect a play by play. I'll be calling you shortly for full details as well as photos. I need a visual. I'm so excited for you and the turd in your pocket. :)

Kate

Anonymous said...

Jim and Kitty have pictures, that YOU MUST SHARE with the rest of us very private people.
Tee hee,
Auntie Meg

Anonymous said...

I feel like I have to say something...um...well, when Rob came home with me over Christmas for some snowboarding excursions, he stood at the front window of my parents house in Salt Lake sipping his coffee and astounded they even made mountains so big. Random story...although the connection here is winter ski trips which should make Bozeman the place to be this winter :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow -see, even up in Alaska we get in on the news! We're so happy for you Addie. I'll be checking the blog to see how things are movin :)

Judy

THE WOODRING'S said...

Addie,
This is such wonderful news, hope all goes well for both of you.
Mike, Chris and Kelsey