Monday, November 3, 2008

that's what he said

During our last visit to Billings (Blake gets up before me and hangs out with Grammie in the mornings):
G: "Why don't you go get your mom up?"
B: "My mom's not here."
*****
G: "Go ahead and eat that second Hershey's kiss. Just finish the bowl off."
(B hides behind a chair to eat the second kiss.)
G: "What are you doing back there?"
B: "I don't think my mom will like this." (eating the kiss anyway)
*****
B: (after kissing Rob goodnight) "You're really pokey."
*****
R: "AWESOME. We just equated the Victoria's Secret catalog to the Bible."
*****
After climbing onto my bed, snuggling under my covers, and wrapping me in a tight hug:
B: "Mom, I sure love your hugs and kisses."
*****
After two graham crackers and a mug of hot chocolate:
B: "WOW. My belly's really big. (pushing it out even farther, if possible) I have a baby in it."
*****
To our friends, who were babysitting:
B: "My daddy died. We going to buy a new one."
*****
B: "When you sleep, your back goes up and down and your belly does. (sing-song) Up and down. Up and down. Up and down. (normal voice) Like a smokestack."

No comments: