Friday, November 21, 2008

that's what he said

B: "Mom, the cows are going away!"
A: "Actually, I think they are just moving to the other side of the field."
B: "Yeah, they're going to pass some new grass or they are going to poop."
*****
A few months ago, I picked up some Batman and Transformers britches in one size bigger than what we have now. I told Blake that he could wear them when he was bigger and fully potty-trained, both as a reward and as reality: the child has no butt to speak of, and they were really too large. He's now pretty much all potty-trained during the day, and I pulled them out in one of my regular re-shuffling of clothing sizes. Thrilled, he would like to show almost everyone that he has these underwear on. EVERYONE. That poor, random woman in Target.

"I really have a big bottom, 'cause I wearing my Batman underwear. Want to see?"

After backing up to the mirror and looking admiringly over his shoulder, he looked at me and made fists, then, in a "YES!" motion with both hands (I don't know how else to describe it), said, "Optimus Prime! OH YEAH! I love it!"
*****
A: "Want to read with me with the silly voices? You can be the big bad wolf, and I'll be the little pigs."
B: "No thank you. I want you to read because I just a dangerous fragile flower right now."
R: (not so silent laughter, pointing his finger at me) "That sounds like someone I know."

6 comments:

naomi said...

about time you updated! :) i know something else is taking up your time right now. have fun!

aubyn said...

I bet Blake has been watching any Cameron Diaz movie. There is a joke about she shakes her butt in her underwear in every movie she makes. Charlies Angels comes to mind... Im glad Blake is an Angel.

Molly said...

I SO know what it feels like to be a dangerous fragile flower.

Now the "I have a really big bottom, 'cause I'm wearing my Batman underwear" ... which of your guys was that?

Rooted-in-Love said...

thanks for posting a comment! am I desperate or what? i'm trying to get the over-size rugrats to engage. it's an uphill climb...

Dave said...

We do read your blog often and enjoy it so much. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Lindsey K said...

"a dangerous fragile flower" huh...what a vocab! He is too cute...I need to smooch his face soon!!!