Monday, November 24, 2008

two ski resorts within an hour, old chicago, a three-foot playmate, and me

So far, Rob's batting 1000. We've done growth group, a date at AleWorks, a meeting with my discipler, church, and one dinner with friends. I've gotten to cook and bake for him and have gotten rave reviews. He plays with Blake darn near endlessly, which is both helpful for me and sweet to watch. He updated my network so I now have wireless* (for his laptop, not my desktop) and even took out the trash last night. *(N-series, no less. Great for MacBook Pros and iPhones.)

I LOVE THIS.

My friends like him. There was a line (small, but a line nonetheless) to meet him at church, and don't you think I didn't see your furtive nods and smiles and even teary eyes. I love you, my church/friends/family. Rob's been gracious and cheerful about the parade, still teasing me good-naturedly about anything and everything.

We had a dinner out at AleWorks, and when they made a small mistake that meant we couldn't play pool right away, they comped our appetizers and the three hours of pool we managed to play. We weren't even upset at all - they just bent over backwards immediately to make sure we were MORE than happy. Despite owning my own cue stick, I am rather unremarkable at billiards, so Rob even got to win* more than his fair share of games. *(Because Addie sunk in more 8 balls than I was able to put in of my own.)

Blake is in heaven, as he now has a wrestling buddy. Rob is perfectly amenable to being the jungle gym, car crasher, Spiderman accomplice, and bad guy in jail. He's such a great sport, and the only problem is that Blake's forgotten that I cannot be treated quite as roughly as Rob. I can't decide if I need to toughen up, if Rob needs to rein him in a little more, or if Blake just needs to recognize different levels of play given the person... but I don't think it's the first option. Probably a combo of the second two.

Yeah, that's it.

Finally, this long visit has allowed me to actually cook for my fella. Feeding others well is one of my love languages, and something I try to do regularly. Rob being in Spokane has been wildly inconvenient for this particular gift, so I am making up for lost time.
  • Honey baked French toast
  • Puffy pancake
  • Spaghetti
  • Grilled salmon
  • Pumpkin cake with brown butter icing
  • Lucky Charms
He loves whole milk and sugar cereal. I think that he and Blake are perfect for each other, and I will have to be content with my skinny jeans* and skim milk. *(And you look so HOT in them!)

5 comments:

Carrie Peeples said...

I liked Rob's added comments to the blog post ;)

Emily Nichols said...

Is he hacking into your blog? :) Fun comments! I'm glad y'all had a fun weekend.

Dana and Andrea Davenport said...

I take no offense, the Element is an acquired taste I guess. I still have love fa ya!

Rob Bedford said...

The word ratio is totally representative of reality, too.

I LOVE THIS. ;-)

/rob

naomi said...

i'm glad someone commented that the words in red are rob's. i was a little confused. i love that you are having so much fun.