- Blake's response to Rob going back to Spokane on Wednesday.
YES! I finally had to shoo him on, since his lingering was making Blake worse ("Maybe if I cry harder, Rob stays!"). After thirty minutes, when Blake finally calmed down and went to sleep, I called Rob to let him know we were both okay, and that if Blake was going to cry that violently about him, I would rather he did when Rob left, rather than when Rob arrived.
When Blake woke up, I explained that Rob had to go back to Spokane for work, but that he'd be back in a few weeks for Christmas. Well, he refused to go to bed that night because Rob wasn't back yet, and he needed to talk to him. We've spoken to Rob on the phone a few times, and Blake regularly asks if Rob is done working and can come over now.
- A brief essay (paragraph?) on two of the websites I'm crazy about these days.
For books, I post the ones that I'm done with or that Blake's outgrown. All I have to do is ship them when someone requests them, and I can use the credits to order any book I want from anyone else. I've rounded out my collection of hardcover Brian Jacques, some C.S. Lewis, and amassed a big stack of a variety of books that Molly or Newsweek has recommended.
- How I got Rob's Christmas gift for $60 bucks off when it wasn't on sale. It may involve partial nudity; it may not, but it's a good story!
- A list of all my sizes that are fit to print. Molly and I came up with this, and it sounded both funny and helpful for all you out there pondering what to get me for Christmas. You might get something ugly, but at least it will fit.
- How Blake and I do the Nativity scene (hint: it involves hide and seek).
- How my food sensitivities are doing, and what I can still have, despite those lists.
Plus, I found out that the sensitivities can vary based on what I eat (eat too much milk and you become sensitive to it), and that the Western medical community doesn't put much stock into this particular test. I'm on the fence. Still, if Rob is taking this seriously and can help, I suppose I can try harder.
- What my friends are saying about Rob.
"It was really fun to see you together-- you looked so beautiful and happy. We knew we'd like Rob, so we were glad to have a chance to confirm that opinion. Very impressive that he seemed at ease in a group of strangers that was there to see him." -AS
"We can't wait to meet him, and we are so excited for you!" -a variety of folks who missed out for one reason or another