Wednesday, January 14, 2009

that's what he said

B: "And THAT'S a ho-towel, and THERE'S a ho-towel... We're going to stay at a ho-towel tonight."
A: "Why?"
B: "Because it's fun! And it's fun to swim in ho-towels, but they don't have toys there."

*****
(Blake is obsessed with finishing meals first, in order to 'beat me,' which I think he picked up from preschool. He also likes to add an additional "ed" to the end of a past tense verb.)

B: "I beat you! I winneded!" (though he's clearly not done yet)
A: "Actually, I beat you this time."
B: "Well, I don't want you to beat me because I'm special."
A: "You ARE special, but you're still a slow eater. So I win."
B: "Oh, I hate losing." (with a careful look at me to make sure that this usage of the word "hate" is not bad)

*****
B: (while playing an electronic alphabet game) "Hey Mom! Do you wanna watch me?"
A: "Sure."
B: "I think it's too hard for you. (getting a letter wrong) Do you wanna watch me do it?"
A: "Um, sure."

*****
B: (while in the grocery store, of course) "Can you tickle my bottom when I walk by? (wagging said bottom at me)
A: "Why?"
B: (turning around indignantly) "Because it's funny!"

*****
And finally, one of my own. I add "ers" to the end of some words because I'm silly. So I say things like "yeppers" and... well, nothing else comes to mind right now. When approaching the door of my male co-worker whom I still didn't know well, I casually leaned up against the door frame and...

A: "Knockers."
S: (slightly confused) "Uh..."
A: (bursting out laughing) "Oh dear. I don't know why I'm not taken more seriously as a professional."
R (my boss and good friend, stifling laughter from his office): "I know why!"

2 comments:

Joy Joy said...

You had me cracking up! Ha!

Janelle Wilson said...

This one's a gem.