Monday, May 18, 2009

ftw*

Everyone liked my bruschetta (except for B, but that's no surprise), which is great, because if not, whoever hadn't partaken would have been driven from the house by all the garlic breath. It was a great night for bruschetta and a grilled meal out on the patio!

*For The Win - Rob had to explain this to me a number of times. He'd use it while we were chatting, and I would guess at its meaning, usually starting with "how DARE you use that kind of language, even abbreviated, with me?!"

Husband-Approved Bruschetta
  • fresh mozzarella, diced
  • fresh tomatoes, also diced (you want a ratio of about 1:1.5 or 1:2 of cheese to tomato)
  • fresh basil, shredded/torn/snipped
  • garlic powder
  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinaigrette
Mix and serve on toasted baguette. All the quantities are approximate and depend entirely upon your taste and whether you want to be able to eat the bruschetta like soup. I love bruschetta soup... I rub it right on my hips and tummy.