Monday, September 7, 2009

that's what they said

B: Know what? All of us are soldiers!
A: What are we soldiers in?
B: We're a soldier family.

*****
T: (on I-90 East this morning) Look, this is my favorite part about Missoula.
A: What?
T: Leaving it.

*****
T: I hate you. I mean, I've always hated you, but now I'm saying it out loud.

(My offense? Getting Cheap Trick's I Want You to Want Me stuck in her head without her realizing it.)

*****
B: I need a Dr. Dew... I mean, I Dr. Pepper so I can be Hammy the squirrel. You can be Stella the skunk.
A: Hey! Why do I have to be stinky?!
B: No, Stella's a girl! She's beautiful. She gets a haircut.

*****
A: Wait, am I a gril or a boy?
B: Mom, it's not "gril." It's "girl" or "gal." Those mean the same thing.
A: WHO TOLD YOU THAT?!
B: Grammie.
A: Well, I am calling my mother.
B: Why?
A: She's in trouble for correcting you. "Gril" was cute.
B: But I just want to say the right things!

*****
(And I have photos and stories about T's and my time in Spokane together, including one without an ending as yet about the girl we saw on the side of the highway last night, in the middle of nowhere, at 10:30 pm. But I have to shower and go to bed because I work tomorrow and then must drive B to the border to leave him there. With Grammie Gee, sure, but essentially, I have overextended myself and I am quite close to a mental break that involves crying just so I can start over. Stories and photos can wait.)

2 comments:

aubyn said...

At Maddox's party, I was wearing a pirate hook hand and B and I were 'sword' fighting. I was quicker and he said, "Why don't you put your hook down, and not touch it and that would be awesome. Now fight!"

T said...

i heart you and your little bee too!