Thursday, December 24, 2009

our superhero name: the amazing mac family

B: We're a Mac family and we're amazing.
(pause)
I'm amazing because I do amazing things.

("Mac," as in "Macintosh," as in "Apple" - Rob's been teaching him phrases)
*****
B: I hope Dad doesn't tell anyone that we're a Mac family.
A: Why not?
B: Because then they'll take all our secrets! You should tell Dad to NEVER tell that we're a Mac family. It's a SECRET. Got it?

*****
S: How's married life treating you?
A: Well, I now have two boys in the house. It's been... interesting. An "Aim IN, not AT the toilet, please" kind of interesting.

*****
A: I'm going to make you something for Christmas. And you might not like it, but I'm giving it to you anyway. Because I think you'll like it.
T: Oh no. It's not a Snuggie, is it?
A: What a great idea!

No.

*****
B: Dad, I love you. You're the bestest Dad in the whole wide world.
R: You're the bestest kid. I love you!
B: AMAZING. I'm amazing.
R: (sigh, with an accusing look at me) Oh. Right.

*****
While in Billings recently, we were eating at McDonalds (with the best playland ever, though slightly claustrophobic for me). A little girl came up behind me, grabbed my leg, and proceeded to tug away, crying out "Mom! Mom! Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

I said, "Sweetie, I'm not your mom, but don't be scared! It's okay! Let's find her," and I looked around to point out her highly amused mother. Turning to Lane, I commented that I'm used to a much lower pitched voice attached to the person tugging on my leg.

A woman who was sixty-five if she was a day proceeded to grin broadly, wink at me, and say "Now why is that?"

I was confused until I realized that she probably hadn't seen my son. I think she meant my husband, but for the life of me, I can't think of why he'd be tugging on my leg, because that would mean we were doing it wrong.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I'm stuck on the "don't tell anyone we're a Mac family comment." Because how on earth will Blake learn to exude that "mac-user-sense-of-superiority" unless other people know why he's so superior?

Rob Bedford said...

I tried to point that fact out to him, also... but the mac-smugness just seems to escape him! Owell, I still have yeeeears of influence left!

Lonnie Smith said...

At least he has the uneducated part of the uneducated sense of smugness down. But that may change, DONT LET HIM AROUND A PC ROB!