Monday, February 1, 2010

yes, he really said all that

(taking his first bite of dinner) This is super good! Know how much I'm proud of you? (flings arms out) THIS MUCH.

*****
I just like your face. That's why I hug you.

*****
(upon waking to me gently scratching/tickling his back)
MOM, NO! Your hands are cold.
...
But don't worry, I still love you.

*****
B: Was that me when I was a little kid?
A: Nope.
B: Well, it should be. I should have that costume... and a gun.

*****
A: Listen, lippy, you need to choose a tone and words of respect when you speak to me, please.
B: Mom, I do not like that you call me "lippy."
A: Then quit mouthing off to me, please.
B: If you call me "lippy," I am never hunting.
A: Wait... what?
B: If you call me "lippy," I am never hunting. Do you want me to hunt deer? Do you want me to hunt deer for you with Papaw?
A: Um, yeah?
B: Then do not call me a "lippy." It's not the fact that I don't love you. I DO love you. It's just the fact that I won't hunt deer.
A: Mmhmm.
B: Why are you laughing? What's funny?
A: Um... something I'm reading.
B: You're not reading anything. You're writing down what I am saying.
A: O_O

4 comments:

lanerdoo said...

That kid cracks me up!

P.s. the reason I chose to comment is because I want to tell you how awesome your background is. hehe What a stupid reason to comment when you have so much fun content.

Gucci Mama said...

Priceless.

Anonymous said...

How random was that conversation! I love kids and all the funny things they say!

Marci

leblogdelossmiths said...

haha it's like he's disciplining you right back.