Saturday, April 3, 2010

new music to check out (plus cartoons)

I heard a story on Jakob Dylan's (Bob's son) new album, Women and Country. First of all, I can't get his singing voice out of my head - very mellow and a tiny bit gravelly, but with a stripped down folk sound. Neko Case and Kelly Hogan provide his background, and they were in the studio with him, and everything sounded, just... amazing.

I really want this album, and I almost never want entire CDs anymore. It helped that both he and Neko were funny in the interview, in a laid-back dry way. I just watched the Tiny Desk Concert and I just LOVE his voice.

In wholly unrelated news, there's enough snow on the ground that I plan to take one of two paths:
  1. Curse roundly. I was enjoying wearing tank tops and ballet flats.
  2. Get out there before the neighbor dogs and create a Calvin & Hobbes snowscape.

1 comment:

Rooted-in-Love said...

Yay Addie! I love Jakob Dylan esp. his voice (due to my almost entirely Van musical upbringing, I am ruined for gravelly men's voices). Mmm...thanks for this J Dylan update.