Saturday, July 10, 2010

but i'll beat the pants off you in scrabble

Can't read my... can't read my...
No, he can't read my poker face.

HAHA! Yeah, right. Too bad I am an open book, and one of the most difficult things I've been learning over the last year or two is discretion. No matter how much something might affect me, if chatting about it affects someone else negatively, I get to shut my trap, at least publicly.

It's more gracious and generous than I'm accustomed to being. It requires less self-indulgent navel-gazing and more consideration about how whatever I might say hurt someone else. It's really hard!

Rather than hinting at anything epic or disastrous (because there's neither), I'll just say this: no, I will not play poker with you.

1 comment:

Molly said...

BAAAAAABYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, had to do it.