Saturday, May 14, 2011

just like molly said: yummy

Either I want my hips and arms to move like the women, or Rob wants permission to dance like the men.

A: Wow.
R: Yeah. Do you think I could dance like that... FOR YOU?!
A: Only if you do it with authority. And maybe a tan.
R: (sunburnt by now) Ouch.

These gals gave us some pre-dinner entertainment. Their arms and legs are pretty ripped, as you might imagine.



Everything was so graceful when slow and HOT when fast!



More clothes in this one as they progress through telling the history of Hawaii. I think this is part of colonial days.



Unfortunately, the first videos of the night weren't as good as these ones... with all the clothes on. ;) But still, these guys can shake it.



Here's some of the pre-colonial garb. Wowza!

Very tasteful.

I love how they apparently enjoy what they are doing. It was really fun to watch!



The only drawback to Old Lahaina Luau is that, because they strive for authenticity, they don't include Tahitian fire dancers or Maori warriors mingling and threatening the guests. I have never been to a luau where these things were included, but they sound GREAT!

2 comments:

Momica said...

Wow guys , thanks for the update! I don't think I have to go to Hawaii next year you brought it to us! Mahala!

lanerdoo said...

I like that some of them have curves. It makes me feel better :) Very fun, thanks for the videos!