Friday, May 20, 2011

loving right now

Because it is raining and forecast to continue raining all week, I need to remember what has thrilled me lately so I don't become a big old bag of complaining crazy. A small bag is perfectly acceptable.
  • Focusing on the roast, I inadvertently brought home a bag of decaffeinated coffee a while back. It's languished in our cupboard, because Rob and I don't ever drink coffee at night, and as far as we're concerned, there's no reason decaf should exist. I got CRAZY last night and made myself a decaf white chocolate latte while doing paperwork and it was AMAZING. I will be drinking more of those, you betcha, and might even find myself buying decaf on PURPOSE so I can keep drinking coffee after 3:00 PM. At rate I'm going with milk, I need never worry about calcium deficiency.
  • Real print cartridges. Okay, this is really nerdy. But I love them. We've been playing the budget route on ink cartridges for our printer, and they simply do not work. Perhaps HP has sabotaged things so that you must buy the new ones (not refills) to get black ink that is not green, or to get your magenta to actually work... who knows?! To be able to print something and have it look correct was giddily exciting last night, and I even printed out decorative things I have been SAVING for when we got new cartridges. I now have the foxiest little bookmarks around.
  • The rhubarb we pulled out of the garage. It was neon yellow and hot pink due to lack of sun, but fully two feet tall, growing like mad in the enormous pot we have it in. I have a picture I'll post later. It's greened up nicely and looks like it is going to explode in a riot of happy growth here soon. Rob's delighted, but the odd man will eat it RAW and plain. It makes my mouth pucker just thinking about it.
  • Almond butter. It's a little taste of heaven, especially for this girl who has never been particularly fond of peanut butter.
  • The great reports we keep getting on B's eyes. He's got at least another year of patching, but we went from 20/250 on day one to 20/40 six months later, and it's continued to improve. That's AMAZING to me!
  • We may have sold the condo (haven't gotten the results of the inspection yet, nor had it appraised, but we're prayerfully confident it will all work out). The new owners will let us live here rent-free for up to six months while we figure out what to do with ourselves and where we'll go. HALLELUJAH! Now praying for the perfect home that will be big enough and cost little enough for us to continue doing fun things, like eating.
  • Rob's job. Having weekends off with my fella has been really pleasant, even if we haven't done much with them. He'll change to his normal schedule just in time for B to be done with school, which means he and B get days together while I work this summer, and I'll get nights. AND he should be pulling 4/10s, which means he'll get three days off in a row. There's a lot to love about this scenario, not least of which is that he isn't as tired anymore and has more energy to pursue things he loves. LIKE ME.
  • PhotoShop. I have more photos of Hawaii to post, and more videos too. And more stories, of course, because THAT IS WHAT I DO!

1 comment:

Grammie Perrine said...

How you can weave a tale! Wonderful post...Love reading about the things that ring your chimes. I feel like I am right there with you. YEAY for ink, coffee, improved eyesight, house sale, family time, and all things that make you smile.