Friday, July 1, 2011

waiting on one less thing

We turned a critical corner last night, and I feel better this morning than I have all week. I did not require surgery, but was able to use medication to get my body moving. The pain was negligible and the worst part about the evening was simply that we were too keyed up (and I was too crampy) to go to bed before 3:00 AM. We slept until 10:30 this morning, and Rob was able to stay home from work to be with me and take care of me, though little care was needed beyond hand holding. God is good.

I have another ultrasound next Friday to check on things and make sure that my uterus is clear of debris and that two cysts are shrinking. Hopefully hormonal levels fall back in line so that I continue to feel like myself again.

Rob's staph infection is under control and he's able to treat and dress his wound without my help. The granular tissue is still a concern.

We will probably have to pay off the delinquent dues in order to sell the condo. However, we have a new closing date (July 19) to pray toward, and hopefully the buyers will agree to split the payoff cost with us. Otherwise we'll count it the best $2000 we've ever been forced to spend in order to move on with our lives. Because that would be a really wonderful feeling.

The Fourth of July is coming up, and I'm reminded every year of how much I FREAKING LOVE that holiday. As a friend says, we celebrate America by blowing up small pieces of China. It brings out the pyro in me (fire!), the girlie in me (all the pretty colors!), and the relationship-junkie in me (it's a great excuse to hang out with beloved family and friends). It's fun to walk up to the fireworks stand with my son and rattle off all the names for things I want and love, and know what I'm talking about. We're lucky that both he and I have all our fingers and toes!

No comments: