Wednesday, October 5, 2011

gone viral

Despite my big bad antibiotics, I'm not fully better yet (sad face). I'm beginning to think this thing is viral, the doc never did any swab to test for that, and now I've just taken a massive load of powerful drugs that have done absolutely nothing. Well, they may have done something, but I won't tell you what other than that it involves the delicate balance of a woman's body being thrown way off-kilter.

I FEEL SO PRETTY!

The house is coming along so quickly, it takes my breath away. We've invited local friends to join us there this evening to write blessings on the unfinished surfaces, because I'm not sure how much longer they will remain unfinished, and a Sharpie blessing on our granite counters or new cabinets just won't fly. Current external changes are shingles on the roof and siding going up. We've made what feels like a million decisions and I think there are even more to be made, which makes me feel tired and like snapping "GRAY! Just go with gray EVERYTHING!" The names for colors are a little silly anyway. Our exterior is going to be Popular Gray, Stillwater, and Mountain Road, and I bet you still cannot visualize a damn thing!

We met the new owners of the condo on Friday, and they are lovely, lovely people. In fact, Tom rang the doorbell, then stepped aside so that Ingrid and I could throw our arms around each others' necks upon me answering. We had coffee with them, they left us with a sweet thank-you note and a little gift for Blake that included three new LEGO minifigures, and I sent them with a few jars of chokecherry jelly. Apparently, when they bought furniture for this place (which must include several bunk beds for all the family they anticipate hosting), they had to include the same red club chair that we bought simply for staging.

That makes me feel so warm and fuzzy and stuff. As in, I DO have taste!

Blake cried himself to sleep last night for the sorrow of his good friend, Cooper, moving away at the end of the week. They had a great afternoon of ice cream, Wii, and mock battles in the yard, and his sobs after bedtime just broke my heart. "He's the best friend I've ever had," and "I'm just so sad that I won't be able to play with his toys again, because I'm pretty sure he has cooler toys than I do," both came out between gulps of air and tears. It's hard to know what to say that will help and not hurt his feelings. My poor little buddy.

And finally, the first meeting of the Merry Widows was held this weekend. I even have a picture. But that will have to wait. My tummy is rumbling in hunger and the photo is still on my camera and this post is long enough already. Hope the curiosity doesn't just eat you up inside!

1 comment:

Noel said...

I'm dying to see the photo. Additionally, I want to see it on facebook.

Plus, if it makes you feel any better, I now have a giant, oozing hole in my chest, right in my cleavage. I'm so pretty, too!

Seriously, though, I hope you feel better soon! (And I'm bummed that I didn't get to write on your walls with a sharpie. Could I maybe write something small inside your pantry the next time I'm up there? C'mon!)