Wednesday, May 16, 2012

story time

Blake's class has been writing instruction manuals, to help them think through a process and its logical steps. These are the two he's brought home so far, and I love them. I love his thought process, his illustrations, and his phonetic spelling.

"How to make a peenut and butr jelly"
Translation: How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Accompanied by LEGO Ninjago figures, because all sandwiches taste better with ninjas.

"How to make a peenut and butr jelley samwich"
"I get my muteerreells out. I love those peenut and buter jellee sanwichis."
Translation: How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I get my materials out. I love those peanut butter and jelly sandwiches."

"Then I get the jellee then sperred it on the one pees of bired."
Translation: Then I get the jelly then spread it on the one piece of bread.

"Then I spred peenut butter on the other pees of bred."
Translation: Then I spread peanut butter on the other piece of bread.

"Then I smak the two peesis of bred toogether pick it up and eat it it tase yummy mmmmmm."
Translation: Then I smack the two pieces of bread together, pick it up, and eat it. It tastes yummy. MMMMM.

"How to make your bed"
"I get all my muteells to make my bed. First I put my sheess on my bed then I put my cuftre on my bed."
Translation: I get all my materials to make my bed. First I put my sheets on my bed, then I put my comforter on my bed.

"Nekst I put my deckrash pellos on my bed. Then I put my sooperman blankent on my bed."
Translation: Next I put my decorish pillows on my bed. Then I put my Superman blanket on my bed.

"Finely I can go to sleep on my bed at nite time. I like to make my bed. It helps keep my room kling."
Translation: Finally I can go to sleep on my bed at nighttime. I like to make my bed. It helps keep my room clean.
 
"My blankent has sooperman on it. My shees are blue. My cufter is green. My pellow is blue with red."
Translation: My blanket has Superman on it. My sheets are blue. My comforter is green. My pillow is blue with red."

2 comments:

Janelle Wilson said...

You're a pretty wicked Phonetic Translator! Ever consider teaching first grade? :) I love it!

Noel said...

Oh. My. Cuteness.