Thursday, May 17, 2012

pics from the nashvillans

He loved every second, especially take-off and landing (he kept muttering "MAYDAY!" at landing).

 "We're actually going quite fast."

 During the flight, he stayed occupied with a backpack full of LEGO Hero Factory, a Star Wars sticker book, and a Calvin and Hobbes book. He can't read all the words in C&H, and some of the humor flies right over his head, but he loves it anyway, which means Rob and I love him even more.

 L, our friends' daughter, wanted to occupy the same space as Blake at any given time. He barely tolerated her, which we'll need to work on. He had no idea how to hold her tiny, tiny hands, so I instructed him to simply let her hold his finger, and then we all died of the cuteness.

 Food truck fest! They grossly underestimated the number of tables (and the amount of shade) they'd need, but I had tacos al pastor and didn't pass out from the humid heat.

 The Gaylord Opry Hotel, flooded in 2010, back open for business. They had three indoor gardens totaling about 10 acres, and they were lovely. I wanted to steal some of their orchids, but I didn't because I was already smuggling a whole lotta baby under my shirt, and I doubted anything else would fit comfortably.

 See what I mean? It's been pointed out that the perspective on this shot makes me and Rob look like superimposed giants, while everyone else gradually approaches the size of hobbits.

What a fool, to make myself look biggest, because that's already a problem!

 Blake liked the gardens too, much to my surprise.

But his favorite was the ice cream afterward. No surprise there!
"This is actually quite tasty."

The day after we got back, Blake's class had a music program. He had a speaking part and everything (well, they all did), and he did great!

1 comment:

gailzee said...

Oh that wonderful little boy! He is getting so grown up! It's always so much fun to read your blog! You make me laugh! I just adore all of you and of course I loved seeing Blake's school work. Adorable! Did Big Blake have blonde hair like little Blakes' when he was that age!? And your belly is a treasure, a gift from God..I love seeing that baby belly...can't wait to see the baby out of the belly! :)Love you!