Wednesday, December 4, 2013

this is my tribe

From a time in August when nearly all of my immediate family was together in Coeur d'Alene. I found it written on a slip of paper in a forgotten book. Because of the sheer number of people (both small and tall) involved, I've listed names and kids' ages for more context.

Lane: No more calling "poopface" at the table.
Maddox (4): OK! I understand that!

*****
Grammie: Hey, Sawyer! How's it going?!
Sawyer (3): (tearfully) WELL, WHAT THE PROBLEM IS, IS THEY CALLED ME A BABY!

*****
Sawyer (3): (indignantly) Maddox won't play with me! I only just called him an idiot last night!

*****
Reese: Maddox is outside with the hose.
Lane: Uh, NO, he's NOT.
Mason, Smith, Addie, & Blake: Uh...
Lane: I mean, I know that he IS, but he should NOT BE.

*****
Lane: I got this steak just for you. I even massaged it, Mom. Just for you.
Bing: Well, there's a word picture. My wife, the meat massager.

2 comments:

Noel said...

I love these! These are my favorites of your posts. Can't wait 'till V is talking and saying funny things!

lanerdoo said...

I only remember Sawyer's. And THAT is why we write things down. The mind just isn't what it once was...
Thanks for sharing:)